Message menu options related to printing and filtering
- Print ...
- Sends the selected message or group of messages to a
Print ... option is selectable only if one or more
messages are currently selected in the
Print ... button opens the
window, in which you specify how message headers are to
be handled. The options are:
If you select multiple messages to print, two additional
options appear in the
Print Message window:
- Print all headers
- Select this option to print all headers including
headers that are normally hidden.
- Print displayed headers only
- Select this option to print only the headers that
are displayed in the message header section.
- Don't print headers
- Select this option to print just the body of the
After making your print selection(s):
- Print separately
- Select this option to print each message
individually (a print command is issued for each
- Print together
- Select this option to concatenate and print the
selected messages via a single print command.
If the message contains MIME-encoded inclusions or
Print MIME dialog window is displayed.
You select options in this window to specify which
included files or attached files to print or to skip. See
Printing MIME Messages for the detailed print
procedure for MIME messages.
Print to send the file to the printer.
Cancel to cancel the print operation and
Print Message window.
Help for information about printing files.
- Filter ...
- Opens a window in which you can specify parameters for
routing the selected message or group of messages
through an external filter or command of your choice.
When you click
Filter ..., the
Message to Filter window
appears. In that window, enter the filter or command
through which you want the message to be passed. You
can also specify how message headers are to be handled.
Choose one of the following options:
If you select multiple messages to filter, two additional
- Pass all headers to filter
- Filters the message and the headers that are
displayed in the header window as well as all
- Pass only displayed headers to filter
- Filters the message and only the headers that
are displayed in the header window.
- Don't pass headers to filter
- Filters the message only.
- Filter separately
- Each file is filtered individually.
- Filter together
- The selected files are concatenated and filtered
as a single file.
Preceding Section: Save Options
Following Section: Delete Options
Parent Section: Main Window Message Menu
Contents of Ishmail User's Guide